Notice: Undefined variable: sharify_buttons in /home/banarsi/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/sharify/sharify.php on line 333
Warning: These Game of Thrones facts will cause inevitable longing for the new season.
Wannabe-Starks and Lannister lovers, rejoice! Game of Thrones is set to return this Sunday for it’s penultimate (sob sob) season.
While you count down the days and hum the theme tune repetitively to yourself, here’s some Game of Thrones facts that will make your jaw drop harder than the greatsword that beheaded Ned Stark…
1.Dothraki is an actual language that you can learn
A conversational Dothraki course was released in 2014.
2. There’s one episode you’ve never seen: the pilot
Yep: even die-hard fans will never feast their eyes upon the un-aired pilot that was apparently so awful, it never came to air.
3. Speaking of awful things, the part of Daenerys was originally cast to someone else
Tamzin Merchant was originally cast to play the part, but was replaced by Emilia Clarke after the unaired pilot.
4. The average episode costs $6 million to make
Which is more than we will earn in our lives, ever.
5. Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa Stark, adopted her direwolf in real life
Ok… where can we get one?
6. In the book, Daenerys was 13 when she married Karl Drogo
Producers set is four years in the future as they thought the intimate scenes would be inappropriate.
7. The Stark kids are also waaaaay younger in the book
Bran, who is 7 in the book, was played by a 12 year old Isaac Wright. Jon Snow also would have been 14 or 15 in Series One. Erm… are we still allowed to find him hot?
8. King’s Landing is an actual place
It’s filmed in Dubrovnik in Croatia. No special effects were used.
9. Over 150 babies were named Khaleesi in 2012
10. It’s the most illegally downloaded show ever
Ironic for a show with no pirates.
11. Sean Bean played with his own decapitated head on set
Finding the positive in having his character killed off.
12. The actors in House Stark have the highest combined social media following
Although Emilia Clarke has the highest amount of social media followers: a whopping 12.2 million.
13. George R R Martin himself makes a cameo
If you look closely, the author is a guest at Khal Drogo and Daenerys’ wedding.
14. Stannis is alive in the books
Perhaps the upcoming season will tell us his fate.
15. Catelyn Stark is Mrs Granger in Harry Potter
We knew we recognized her from somewhere!
(Photo source: http://www.michelecarragherembroidery.com)
Michelle Carragher hand embroidered the dress to give it its unique texture.
Get The Look
Rock this stunning blue hue with the solid color scarf.
17. Olly doesn’t exist in the books
Good. We hate him.
18. Ramsay could have been Jon Snow
Ok, let’s re-phrase that. Iwan Reon, who plays Ramsay, was almost cast as Jon Snow. Can you image it? We can’t either.
19. Alfie Allen, who plays Theon Greyjoy, has a song written about him
It’s by his sister songstress and is called ‘Alfie’. The video contains a very freaky puppet (don’t say we didn’t warn you!)
20. The title credits won an Emmy
Despite this, they still seem to be the longest credits in the history of television.
21. There was originally a bizarre love triangle between Arya, Tyrion and Jon
This is by far the creepiest of all of our Game of Thrones facts.
In George R R Martin’s original story outline, the trio were engrossed in a bizarre love triangle.
However, this detail was left out in later edits and eventually ceased to exist.
22. Maisie Williams almost missed the Game of Thrones audition
The actress was still in school and was about to go on a school trip to a pig farm.
23. Shireen is alive in the books
Why oh why did that horrible scene have to exist?
24. Jamie Lannister is Danish
Well, the actor is anyway. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau was born in Rudkobing, Denmark.
25. And no, he is NOT Prince Charming from Shrek
Although Nikolaj looks pretty much identical to the Dreamworks cartoon character, he is not the voice of Prince Charming. Who started that rumour anyway?
26. The horse heart that Daenerys had to eat was a giant gummy candy
That apparently tasted like bleach. Despite this, we’re pretty sure it was better than an actual heart.
27. There is an official Game of Thrones rap album
Hardcore fans can get down to “Catch The Throne”, which includes tracks by Snoop Dogg and Big Boi.
And she has pretty great style on and off set.
29. The Turkish military banned the series
This was to protect young people in Turkish military schools from the explicit themes.
30. There’s 70 different ways to say Hodor
The actor playing the friendly giant came up with 70 ways to say the name, all of which expressed different emotions.
Game Of Thrones Inspired Decor
You’ve had the Game of Throne facts, now it’s time to bring the air of Westeros to your home! Here’s the products you need to embrace the regal, Medieval elegance of the series.
(Clockwise from top left: elegant color block placemats, ornamental embroidered table cloth, velvet table runner, game of chess checkered pillow cover, modern two tone accent pillow cover, glamorous border table runner)
Which of our Game of Thrones facts surprised you the most? Comment below and let us know!